Sparkle Boat

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What is this damn thing?

As you may have already noticed, I have been making some changes around here. Cleaning up the joint. Trying to figure out what the whole purpose of this blog is for me right now.

Probably soon I will rename this blog, and when I do, I'll give you some advance notice. Basically, this became an unfun place to be for me, so I avoided it. Why did that happen?

Well, for starters, I'm too fucking wordy. I bored myself to death. One can only imagine what happened to the stray visitor. I apologize for any blogging fatalities whilst on my superhighway. So, I'm aiming for concision, interest, and hopefully, a sense of humor. Trust me, I am more fun in person than when I'm writing. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm looking into it (and looking into drinking while blogging as a possible cure). For that, go to Liquorsnob.

So, in an effort to reinvigorate my blog, here are some guidelines I just invented that I will soon be breaking:

My blog should be a place to:

  • Communicate
  • Blow off steam
  • Have fun
  • Teach someone something
  • Feel free to experiment with writing
  • Think
  • Develop a community


My blog should not be:

  • A procrastination device
  • A place to whine or complain
  • Done for the wrong reasons
  • A chore
  • Done at the expense of my off-line life and relationships
  • Too fucking serious
  • A soapbox
  • Tedious


Next step: Applying said guidelines in a somewhat consistent manner and renaming this sucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home